- 1974.09.-1979.06. Ph.D. / Mechanical Engineering, University of California-Berkeley
- 1973.01.-1974.06. M.S. / Mechanical Engineering, University of Illinois-Chicago
- 1969.09.-1971.12. B.S. / Energy Engineering, University of Illinois-Chicago
- 1986.0 -present: Associate and Full Professor, Department of Mechanical Engineering, and Applied Physics Program, University of Michigan-Ann Arbor
- 2010 Visiting Faculty, Energy and Environmental Sciences, Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory
- 1995 (Summer) Invited Professor, University of Bordeaux, France.
- 1997 (Summer) Invited Professor, University of Paris VI, France.
- 1981.07. -1985.12: Assistant and Associate Professor, University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee
- 1979-07.-1980.12. Staff Scientist, Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory.
- Heat Transfer Physics; Porous Media