목표 및 비전
- To maintain current international competitiveness in nuclear engineering, and take the lead globally in the development of fourth-generation nuclear reactor in the future.
- To cultivate core professional human resources who will lead the domestic nuclear power industrial world and having the global competitiveness in the future.
- To serve Korea to become an exporting country of world-class nuclear power generation through securing advanced nuclear power technology.
Educational and Scientific
- Technological Aspects
- Capacity building of nuclear-related cutting-edge research performance and manpower training suitable for such performance.
- Quantitative and qualitative improvement of cutting-edge research through attraction of foreign scholars.
- Synergy effect creation and competitive leading technology development through specialized collaboration research of various departments including fundamental physics to mega science related to nuclear power.
- High level research performance in the fusion research sector with the faculty specialized and refined from various departments.
Industrial and Economic Aspects
- Securing of world-class technological competitiveness and high-class manpower creation according to nuclear system development policy as national strategic export industry of the Government.
- Contribution to development and commercialization of nuclear materials (including nuclear fuel material)
- Improvement of domestic companies in International competitiveness through securing of patent rights of advanced core technology, technology spin-offs and technology transfer
- Contribution to development of radioactive waste management core technology
Social and cultural Aspects
- Establishment of integrated systems research, development and actual proofs by being linking with Gyeongsangbukdo’s Nuclear Energy Cluster project of the government
- Development of local industrial cluster that has an advantage in the nuclear industry
- Economic Development of Region and Academic-Research-Industrial’s mutual collaboration
- Mutual collaboration research linked with domestic nuclear field (Geopolitical Advantage)
- Increase of response of the general public through mutual collaboration research with Gyeongju’s radioactive waste repository (Public acceptance)